It’s summer again and I’m unemployed again and I don’t like it again so it’s list time… Again. Here’s hoping I am marginally more successful this time than I was last year.
Stealing from said 2012 list…
It’s not happening. New goal: visit at least one city/town in Ontario that I’ve never explored before!
- Read at least
30 20 books
Optimistic Lucy has learned that pessimism is actually the best option.
- Get a job
BOLDITALICSUNDERLINENOSTRIKETHROUGH. This is numero uno.
- If/when that fails, volunteer
Ugh. I’m going to merge this with the next one and say that any volunteering must be career-forwarding. So, theatre-related. But $$$.
- Do SOMETHING theatre-related
Hello double Fringe shows. What better way to spend a summer off devised theatre and dramaturgy than with some devised theatre and dramaturgy?
- Get Smart Serve certified - Get food handling certification - Drink for the first time - Don’t do anything dumb while drinking for the first timeAhahahaha. I should’ve extended this to “don’t do anything dumb while drinking on your first Paddy’s Day.” I don’t know why I’m sad.
- Write a play
Dramaturgy syndrome says yes please.
- Play piano at least 5 times a week
- Have at least
one three adventures a week
Pessimistic Lucy says that adventures are kind of necessary for survival.
- Sustain my relationship
- Make lots of visits to Hamilton to sustain said relationship
Less of an issue with Le Fringe. And hey, I’ve got a Presto card now, so I’m beyond legit. But yes, still on the list.
- If all else fails, get back in the car (gulp) and get G2…
Um. No. Let’s just say, if I get this desperate… Yeah, no.
- Have reunions with all high school friends who require them
Do I have high school friends? If there’s anything I’ve learned this year, it’s that I am the worst at keeping in touch with people. So yeah, this would be nice.
- Find out what the hell a dramaturg does and get better at it
One year of dramaturgy classes later and yeah, this would be cool.
- EXERCISE. OH BABY.
Ahahahahha. But yeah. I ran once this year (!!!!!!!).
- Finally clean my roomLet’s be honest here.
and bake lots of wonderful things. Microwave chocolate cakes do not count.
I’m not that interested in baking. Cooking, however…
- Learn how to play a new instrument
UKULELEUKULELE I JUST WANNA UKULELE. Harmonica would be super cool too. Ahhhhhh! Eeeeek!
- Discover a cool part of Toronto that I’ve never visited before
- Watch a sunrise
… Can I add that it has to be on purpose, and not for insomnia-related reasons? Yeah.
- FUCK SHIT UP.
- Get back into photography (!!). I was just chatting with a friend from York about cameras, etc. and it made me realize how long it’s been since I’ve gone out of my way to take photos when I wasn’t travelling.
- Learn more about sound / video editing technology. Something I am definitely interested in pursuing, but have only the most basic of knowledge in.
- Go back to Metro for drop in dance class. The closest I got to exercising last year. And I have a ballet dancer teaching me next year, so not embarrassing myself would be brilliant.
- Catch up on alllll the television. This would probably happen regardless. But I am, believe it or not, very behind.
- Keep up with one-on-one dramaturgy as much as I am given the opportunity to. I have a “no nagging during the summer” rule, but I do have 1 playwright interested, so yay!
- Actually keep in touch with York people this time. Aha. Ha. Ha. Yeah.
None of this will get done. Let’s just accept that now. But it’s nice to hope.
Welcome back, summer. Let the whiny unemployment fest begin.